First impressions are incredibly important, especially when selling your home. Before the buyer gets out of the car, they’re already 80% sure about whether or not they are seriously interested in your home.
In order to attract more buyers to your home, there are a few things you can do to enhance your curb appeal:
1. Maintain your lawn. Make sure the grass is neatly manicured.
2. Don’t overlook pressure washing the exterior of your home. Pressure washing only costs a few hundred dollars and it makes all the difference in the world. Whenever a buyer comes to a home that hasn’t been pressure washed on the outside, they automatically judge what the inside will look like. Don’t let those buyers get a bad impression of your home.
3. Don’t overlook the driveway. When you do the pressure washing, you can also have them do the entire driveway for a few extra dollars.
4. Invest in outdoor lighting. Serious buyers will drive by your home after dark to check things out, so install some landscape lighting in the flowerbeds to make your home more presentable.
5. Add more color to your flowerbeds. Vibrant flowerbeds will catch a buyer’s eye. Shrubs, annuals, and perennials will help your home show in its best light.
6. Make sure everything is clean. Put yourself in the buyer’s shoes. Would you enjoy hanging out in the backyard? Clean up the interior of your home too so that you are always ready for showings.
If you follow these tips, you will attract more buyers to your home. At the end of the day, these tips help you net the most money for your home sale.
If you have any other questions about selling your home or about real estate in general, give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help you!