To have a successful holiday home sale, you need to make sure you show your home in its best possible light. Here are a few tips to help you do just that:
1. Create appealing aromas. Scents like apple pie, cookies, and cinnamon are popular, but avoid using artificial fragrances like perfumes or candles that may affect a buyer’s allergies.
2. Offer warm treats. Follow up your delightful aroma with tasty treats like freshly baked cookies. This will allow the buyer more time in the home to feel welcomed and visualize how living there could be.
3. Make the home bright. A bright home is a sold home. Turn on the lights, open the curtains, and allow in as much natural light as possible. Amber-colored bulbs in your fixtures will also give a warm glow that’s perfect for fall and winter.
4. Play uplifting music. Silence during the winter months can come across eerily to buyers and make your home seem empty. Play soft instrumental music in the background to make the buyer feel invited, and it may even trigger a “where do I sign” mood in them.
5. Emphasize comfort. Luxurious blankets, tablecloths, and even soft pillows make a home seem a bit more inviting. Comfort is truly the key to making a buyer feel as though they belong in your home.
If you follow these tips, you’re setting yourself up for a successful sale this holiday season. With a Jeff Cook Real Estate agent, you can also ensure that you’ll find the home you’ve always dreamed of. Visit https://www.jeffcookrealestate.com/ to search available homes, and check out our home value tab to see what your home could sell for in today’s real estate market. Until then, feel free to reach out to us for any questions you have.